Monday, July 26, 2010

Mexi- Asian Fusion


Well, I must admit, this blog is meant to showcase different cultures' cuisines and amazing authentic dishes, not to come up with fusions. However, the other night I made this dish that turned out so amazing that I have to share!
My husband is a sucker for seared ahi tuna, so I thought I would treat him to an appetizer of seared ahi sea steak served over a salsa with Mexican and Asian flavors. It was really quick and easy (less than 20 minutes, HELLO!), and was so beyond delicious. I think that he thinks that I slaved over it!!! I took an ahi tuna sea steak that was super fresh and of the highest quality (sushi grade), and marinated it for 10 minutes on each side in a teriyaki marinade. I seared it for a minute or two on each side and thinly sliced it, spreading it across a pico de gallo that I added soy, ginger and chili to (I made this once with a Thai chili and once with a serrano chili-- both were great, so whatever you prefer). The creamy, beautiful taste and texture of the tuna was complimented so well by the heat from the chili and the savory combination of Mexican and Asian flavors-- it was amazing. If you are a fan of ahi tuna, I guarantee that this will be one of your favorite recipes! Serve it with some fresh homemade margaritas... or some chilled sake-- whatever you prefer! Enjoy!
Photo credit: Sommer Clary for Global Kitchen, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment